Day 9 - Grañón to Tosantos

There were quite a few times yesterday that I was ready to give up, but didn’t, and the beautiful night that I spent in Grañón justified the pain. It was an evening of camaraderie, goodwill and me butchering the Australian national anthem* that bolstered my spirits and sent me on my way feeling wonderful. That glow was short-lived however as my ankle started screaming at the 20km mark and I limped into Tosantos in a shit tonne of pain. I only hope that a good night’s rest will see me hit the road feeling A-OK and ready to face the 25-odd kilometers to Atapuerca. Regardless, I feel blessed and happy to be surrounded by now familiar faces, wishing me Buen Camino to my next stop, wherever it may be.

*I was going to teach the international crowd how to do the call/response of The Angels’ ‘Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again’ but thought better of it. 

Distance - 20.5km

Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️⭐️ and a half/5

Camin-Oh no! - My ankle packing it in.

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - Bananagrams.

@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                            Go to next post