Day 7 - Logroño to Najera

City, outskirts, vineyards, outskirts, repeat. That was pretty much the formula for today as I made my way from Logroño to Najera, a fairly easy walk through often uninspiring urban sprawl. I wandered into Najera as the rain began to fall and found myself in the middle of a washed-out medieval festival. Medieval festivals are shit at the best of times but a washed-out one is just depressing. I saw a “knight” fast asleep with his head on a pile of Tupac t-shirts. Not entirely how I pictured Ye Olde Espania. As the rain fell I went from albergue to albergue only to be told that they are “completo” - Full. Considering whether to walk on or sleep in one of the cliffside caves dotting the Najeran landscape, I stumbled across a place on a backstreet and asked if they had a bed. They did! It was €20 but for that, I got a bed, not a bunk, with sheets, a fresh towel AND a bidet. This place has everything! So, after gorging on more pintxos, I’m now heading off to check out the monastery that contains the remains of kings, queens, and ACTUAL knights, not like the phonies getting around the town square.

Distance - 28.9

Difficulty- ⭐️⭐️ & a half/5

Camin-Oh no! - Pilgrims that root around in plastic bags at ungodly hours.

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - Clean sheets. 

@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                            Go to next post