Day 6 - Los Arcos to Logroño

Adios, Navarre, and Hola to the land of cheap yet sensational wine, La Rioja! This could get messy. Not as messy however as the two Spanish women I witnessed almost come to blows at the bar while I stuffed my face with the best tapas/pintxos I’ve ever had! Each restaurant along Calle Laurel has a house specialty, so I just bounced down the street gorging myself on red wine and bite-sized morsels of awesomeness! So good. It’s a long weekend here in Logroño so everyone else had the same idea. This long weekend is due to the fiesta of St. Prudence, and from what I can gather, tradition dictates that the locals dress in bizarre costumes (think shitty buck’s and hen’s party), blow whistles, jump up and down a bit and get rolling drunk whilst stuffing their faces with everything from garlic mushrooms to croquettes. It’s utterly sensational and the perfect end to a long day of hiking.

Distance - 27.8Km

Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Camin-Oh no! - Old German blokes whipping their tackle out in the shower block. It’s like a God damned Frankfurt factory in there. 

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - Calle Laurel. Just effing wonderful. 

@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                            Go to next post