Day 5 - Lorca to Los Arcos

After a brief altercation with a German man who believed that I was stealing his shoes (I wasn’t), I headed out on what I thought would be a hellish day. In fact, it was the opposite. I started before sun up, mainly so I could justify bringing a headlamp with me, and had racked up about 10 km before breakfast. The scenery was atypical Camino - fields, ruins, villages, windmills. I finally rolled into Los Arcos and made a beeline for my chosen albergue. It turns out it was full of pilgrims who booked ahead and sent their backpacks ahead of them. Cheaters. Anyways, I’m now sitting in the garden of an albergue run by a Flemish organisation. Now I don’t know much about the Flemish but from what I can gather so far, they don’t like to lock their bathroom doors and are big fans of semitransparent shower screens that leave little to the imagination. Whatever floats your Flemish boat I suppose. Anyone unlucky enough to glimpse me behind that screen probably thought that there was a werewolf loose in shower block B and retreated fairly quickly. Well, it’s 1€ beer o’clock so I’m outta here. 

Distance - 29.9Km

Difficulty- ⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Camin-Oh no! - Lentil soup. Nuff said. 

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - Some pastry that I don’t know the name of with sultanas in it.

Note to self: Find out the name of the pastry with the sultanas in it.

@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                            Go to next post