Day 4 - Cizur Menor to Lorca

Today was tough, due to both distance and terrain - over 30 km and up and down the whole time. So tough in fact that I had my first ‘Why the fuck am I doing this?!” moment. Why do Spaniards insist on building their villages on the top of bloody steep hills?! And it seems that my knee has become an equal opportunity arsehole and now hurts both down AND up hills. That said though, the countryside I went through today has been some of the most beautiful along the way - rolling green fields, ancient ruins and Roman roads, quaint villages, stunning vistas, and all of this under a clear blue sky! I was walking on sunshine. At Puenta La Reina, where every sensible pilgrim stopped for the day, I thought this perfect day was about to be railroaded. A man exploded out of a church doorway and came lurching at me whilst slamming his fist into his open palm. It turns out that he just wanted to stamp my pilgrim passport and not crush me like a bug. It was touch and go there for a moment. Anyways, time for a beer and to cool my heels before I do it all over again tomorrow. Yay!

Distance - 32.3

Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Camin-Oh no! - Villages on the top of steep hills. 

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - Locals wishing you Buen Camino when you’re tired and aching. 


@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                            Go to next post