Day 3 - Larrasoaña to Cizur Menor

I’m standing at a bus stop in chilly Pamplona, freezing in my running shorts and t-shirt, attempting to decipher the local bus system and failing miserably. I think I’ve got a 32-minute wait. I can’t be sure. I may as well warm up by feverishly typing something. My day started by being woken up at 5am by a cacophony of coughing, farting, and night terrors from the bunk below mine. A fine start to the day. After that died down I set off for Cizur Menor, a town on the outskirts of Pamplona. The walk was fairly cruisey and upon reaching Pamplona I said farewell to my three compadres, Jackson, Luke, and Dougie, who were going no further today, and pushed on. I quickly dropped off my pack at the albergue and then bussed it back to Pamplona to explore, hence why I’m now standing here freezing by the side of the road. I explored the cathedral, the main plaza, the streets where they run the bulls, the Hemingway statue outside Plaza de Toros, and a local Burger King. I honestly can’t wait to leave the city behind and get back to the little towns and villages with their much more simplistic, idiot-proof ways.

Well, that killed 8 minutes, so it’s back to playing the waiting game...

Distance - 20.6Km

Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️ & a half/5

Camin-Oh no! - The Pamplona bus system. 

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - A hard earnt Double Whopper.

@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                            Go to next post