Day 28 - Cotelas to A Laxe

After a hefty 34 km walk all I wanted was a beer and something to eat. Due to a local fiesta, however, the only bar in the sleepy town I was staying in was closed. This wasn’t good. I wandered the streets in a desperate search for beer and found nothing. I did manage to find a roadside fruit stall so I at least had something to eat - three bananas, two oranges, a peach, a nectarine, and a kiwi fruit. That’s it. I returned rather glumly to my albergue, sat on the grass, and started to tuck into my dinner/fruit basket. I was about five pieces down when a pilgrim burst out into the yard and informed everyone that a miracle had occurred and the bar was now open, a stampede followed and the afternoon was saved! Thank you, Lord.

The other good news is that I’m now within 50 km of Santiago and may get my first glimpse of Santiago later tomorrow! Put the beer in the fridge, St. James, I’m almost there!

Distance - 34km 

Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️⭐️ and a half/5

Camin-Oh no! - Drinking all your water prematurely because you believe you have reached your final destination when in fact you’re still 2.5km away.

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - A big ass bag of fruit for only 2€!

@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                    Go to next post