Day 21 - Astorga to Foncebadón

Massage and a good night’s rest. These have been my cure-alls on this Camino. Last night I was pretty down in the dumps, fearing the worst for my ankle, yet this morning I awoke with little to no pain and headed off into the cold morning air feeling great! Today was similar to yesterday with more low temperatures, more icy headwinds, more chance of snow BUT (thankfully) fewer kilometers. When I reached my intended destination, Rabanal, I felt so good that I decided to walk a further 5.3km to the mountain town of Foncebadón. The reward for my effort is that I’m now sitting by a cozy fireplace, sipping on a cold beer and listening to Xavier Rudd (?!) on the albergue stereo. This truly is a rollercoaster ride and I’m so glad, grateful, and blessed that I am here.

Distance - 25.9km

Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️ and a half/5

Camin-Oh no! - Not having gloves. I almost resorted to wearing socks as mittens. 

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - Supportive texts from my wonderful girlfriend when I needed them most.


@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                            Go to next post