Day 14 - Boadilla del Camino to Carrión de Los Condes

It had to happen eventually, and rather unsurprisingly it happened on the thirteenth night. Last night I was unlucky enough to be two bunks over from the loudest snorer I have ever heard. This guy sounded like a warthog that was choking on a running outboard motor. I was contemplating walking over and smothering him, confident in the knowledge that everyone in that room would back my claim that it was a justifiable homicide, however, I decided to put in my noise-reducing headphones, crank up an episode of The Dollop and drift off. It didn’t work. Neither did placing a pillow over my head and cranking my headphones up to eleven. As soon as it was reasonable to do so, I quickly packed up my stuff, shot his slumbering form a great, dirty bit of stink eye, left the room, and was on my way to Carrión de los Condes (best sung to the tune of ‘Carry On, My Wayward Son’). A very flat piece of trail with not much in the way of shade and the last 6km alongside the highway. Not a difficult stretch but also not a very inspiring one. Regardless, I’m another day closer to Santiago de Compostela, I have a cold beer in hand and hopefully, oh dear God, hopefully, I will not have to kill a man in his sleep tonight. Tune in tomorrow to see if I’m reporting from a gaol cell. How’s that for sizzle?!

Distance - 25.1km

Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️ & a half/5

Camin-Oh no! - Snoring. But not, like, normal snoring, like if your X-Man name was ‘Snore-o’.

Camin-Oh hell yeah! - Seeing the steeple of the church of the village that you will be laying your head for the night appear on the horizon.

@caminoagogo

Go to previous post                                                                                                            Go to next post