Day 20 - Negreira to Olveiroa

Today’s distance of 33.8 km was the largest of my Camino thus far, so I was a little nervous when setting out. As it turns out, I needn’t have worried. After nineteen days of walking, I had the distance in my legs and I knocked it out in seven hours, but man, am I spent!


Whilst the distance sucked, thankfully the terrain and temperature played nice with only a couple of steep ascents and the temperature hovering around twenty degrees. Despite these perfect conditions my feet started hurting at about the 30 km mark, which was around the town of Corzón. This town takes out the title for ‘The Town With the Least Number of Places to Sit Down’. Even their bus shelter was missing its seat! I couldn’t believe it. Figuring this was a sign to toughen up I pushed on and arrived at tonight’s destination, Olveiroa. 


This town seems to have the unenviable characteristic of always smelling of cow shit. It also has a large fly population due to said cow shit. Despite these foibles, it’s not a bad town and the albergue I’m staying in, Albergue Casa Loncho, is a really nice place. They just need to hang a bunch of car air fresheners about the place like that dude’s apartment in David Fincher’s ‘Seven’.


On that cheery note, I’m going to sign off and have another Estrella del Camino, a Witbier brewed especially for the Holy Year using ingredients from regions along the Camino. It’s pretty damn good. 


Distance - 33.8Km 


Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️⭐️ & a half/5


Camin-oh no! - People playing music from speakers, not because of the volume, but because every song I’ve heard blasting forth has been complete shit! If it was The Strokes or something, well, that’s a different story.


Camin-oh hell yeah! - Finally finding an albergue that has more than seven pegs on the clothesline! Albergue Casa Loncho has an entire bucket full! Talk about five-star luxury.


@caminoagogo