Day 2 - La Robla to Poladura de la Tercia

Wow. Just wow. What an amazing day of hiking. The first half was pleasant enough and along fairly flat terrain but the second half from Buiza onwards is where the incline and the scenery really got turned up to eleven.


The trail to the highest point of today’s hike, Alto de San Antón, was tough going with some very steep sections that the local cows navigated surprisingly nimbly. All today’s exertion was paid off a hundredfold however as I reached the pass and looked out on the amazingly beautiful valley beyond. I was so blown away by the towering, craggy peaks that surrounded me that I missed a turn and almost ended up in the wrong, neighbouring village. After backtracking 250m I was back on the path and finally reached my destination for tonight, Poladura de la Tercia. This sleepy little village has no services (Today/Monday) and a pokey little albergue, but what it lacks in services it certainly makes up for in its surrounding natural beauty; It’s breathtaking. I’m just so grateful that I got to experience this.


Unfortunately, I must end on a down note and report that the blister count currently stands at one. A quick operation with some needle and thread has sorted that right out though and I’ll be good to go by tomorrow morning. 


Distance - 23Km 


Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5


Camin-oh no! - Said blister. 


Camin-oh hell yeah! - That I decided to do the San Salvador.


@caminoagogo