Day 17 - Melide to Salceda

The pilgrim parade has begun. The whole morning was spent weaving in and out of slow-moving pilgrims and those posing for their umpteenth photo of the day. Thankfully their numbers thinned out when we reached Arzua, which also coincided with the scenery changing for the better, from city outskirts to dirt paths, farmland, forests, and tiny villages.


The trail wasn’t particularly difficult but the heat was in the high twenties, requiring many pitstops for water, coffee, cokes, and beer. I don’t usually drink beer until the day’s walking is complete however I stumbled upon a bar with a beer you could only get there, so how could I refuse?


After a longer than usual day, thanks to said pitstops, I arrived at my destination, Casa Tia Teresa, only to find another craft beer! It seems that everything is coming up Garth on this, my Santiago Eve. Now all I need is a good night’s rest for my final push into SDC.


Distance - 25.1Km 


Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️ & a half/5


Camin-oh no! - Having to report that the blister count now stands at two.


Camin-oh hell yeah! - Managing to find not one but TWO Spanish craft beers in one day!


@caminoagogo