Day 15 - Lugo to Ferreira

After yesterday’s thirty-plus kilometres, I was too wrecked to walk the Roman walls of Lugo, so I decided to do that first thing this morning before setting out. They encircle the Old Town section of Lugo, have a total distance of over two kilometres, include seventy-one towers and ten gates and reach fifteen metres high at some points. Yes, it was going to bump up today’s total distance to around thirty kilometres but I’d be mad not to. As it turns out it was totally worth it.


With the walls walked I headed off into yet another foggy morning through Lugo’s outskirts. It wasn’t particularly nice, even with the fog obliterating most of it, so I powered through it so I could get to some nicer scenery and, more importantly, to find some breakfast as nothing was open when I left. 


While the scenery changed to country roads and little villages, the breakfast situation did not, and I had to resort to picking apples off trees around the ten-kilometre mark. Thankfully that was enough to see me through until finally finding something TWENTY KILOMETRES into the day's journey. A Coke and a bocadillo never tasted so damn good. 


Having finally been fed and watered I could enjoy the scenery without scanning for apples and could hear the birds without my stomach interrupting their song, and coasted pleasantly through the countryside until reaching tonight’s beautiful country oasis, the Albergue Ponte Ferreira, where I’m thoroughly enjoying a beer whilst listening to music, which I’ve missed so much. My god-awful singing on the trail just doesn’t cut it I’m afraid.


Distance - 27.4Km 


Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️ & a half/5


Camin-oh no! - Wearing a big hole in the heel of my blister-proof sock.


Camin-oh hell yeah! - The playlist playing in the bar of this evening's Albergue. Man, I miss music.


@caminoagogo