Day 14 - O Cádavo to Lugo

Today was a tough old day, not for the terrain, but the distance. 31.2 km has left me beat. In saying that though, I don’t know how much sleep I’m going to get tonight as the Albergue I’m staying at is located above what seems to be Lugo’s busiest, and therefore loudest street. Then throw in the fact that there is a two-day rock festival happening in Lugo right now and you’ve got a recipe for a disastrous night’s rest. Oh well, last night however was the exact opposite. I even managed to sleep in this morning, which is indeed a rarity, and I hit the trail feeling refreshed.

With few large ups and downs, today’s walking was easy and through fields, forests, and a succession of tiny villages, with the day’s highlight being the alternate trail that added an extra 800 totally worthwhile metres to the trip. This trail through an evergreen forest included the ruins of a homestead, a 350-year-old tree, AND the deserted yet beautiful Iglesia de Soutomerille. I highly recommend this detour. It was delightful.


Even after a big meal and a siesta I am completely shattered and need to freshen up in time for tonight’s dinner, so it’s adios from me for now. Unfortunately, at dinner, I’ll be saying farewell to three of my trail buddies as they’ll be having a rest day here tomorrow whereas I will journey onward. It’s sad, but that’s the way on the road.


Distance - 31.2Km 


Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5


Camin-oh no! - Stairs after walking 31.2 km.


Camin-oh hell yeah! - Sleeping in.


@caminoagogo