Day 0 - Leon

After what seemed like an eternity (48 hours, three planes and two trains), I finally arrived at the starting line for my next Camino adventure: Leon.


So far on this journey I’ve visited transit lounges in Tokyo and Helsinki, sought out local beers, braved various train networks and learnt a new Spanish word, “idiota”, which came about after an incident on said train networks. I’m thoroughly exhausted and looking forward to sticking to my favourite mode of transport: Walking.


This time I’ll be tackling the Caminos San Salvador, Primitivo, a bit of the Frances and out to Finisterra on the coast, a distance of approximately 550 km.  Once again I hope to be blogging daily along the way, so if you enjoyed my previous weary ramblings way back in 2018, well, you’re in luck. 


Anyways, I’m off to revisit a couple of my favourite places in Leon - Four Lions Brewery and the Taxman Beatles Bar. See you tomorrow at the starting line!


Distance - Too many kilometres to count


Difficulty - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5


Camin-oh no! - Having to fly over the arctic circle rather than across Russia, for obvious reasons, which added extra, painful, tedious hours to my flight.


Camin-oh hell yeah! - Finally dropping my backpack and catching up on some much-needed sleep.


@caminoagogo