The Age-Old Question...What to Pack?

It's certainly been a while since I've updated this little blog of mine.  After COVID put the kybosh on my planned Portuguese Camino I was a little bitter, and typing about something that seemed unobtainable at that point was just an exercise in masochism.  Lately, however, it seems that the Camino is slowly opening up again, so whilst I'm still stuck in lockdown in Sydney, Australia there is now a glimmer of hope on the horizon and I've decided to put pen to paper once more.  All I can currently do is daydream and plan, so I've decided to post about one of every Camino tragic's favourite topics: What to pack.

The list below is what I will be taking with me on my next Camino, whenever that will be (hopefully April/May 2022).  Having done two previous Caminos and various multi-day hikes I've been able to road-test my gear and tweak things a little, so hopefully, I'll have it right this time around.  Of course, what works for me may not work for you, but I think the list below is a good guide or starting point that may be of help if you're starting to put your own kit together.  I should mention that this is a pack list for a Spring & Summer Camino, not a Winter Camino, so if you're planning on tackling a Winter Camino, please keep this in mind.

OK, so it's pretty self-explanatory but I've listed things from my head down to my feet and then from my pack through to miscellaneous items.  I've also marked each item as High, Medium, or Low importance, so depending on how light you want to go, you may decide to leave out the Medium and Low items.  In the very last column, I've also listed my preferred brands, all of which I've used before, the reasons behind my choices, and any little tips and tricks I may have picked up regarding these items.

I hope that everyone who reads this finds it helpful, and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to me.  I'm always happy to help a fellow pilgrim :)

Click H E R E to view my Google Sheet

Click on the hyperlink above or copy and paste this address into your address bar.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nfqO-xyrIBNvnbPEP9uEA_2EGTsxZ6kHOiqFM4fuyq8/edit?usp=sharing

Go to previous post                                                                              Go to next post